Friday 29 April 2011

four things


I've seen this all over the place lately, anyway these are my answers, please share yours
Four Jobs I Have Had in My Life:
  1. Shop assistant
  2. Translator
  3. Member of UK Parliament
  4. Editor
Four Books I Would Read Over and Over Again:
  1. Howards End
  2. Wuthering Heights
  3. The Redundancy of Courage, Timothy Mo
  4. Cat's Eye, Margaret Atwood
Four Places I Have Lived:
  1.  London
  2. Bath
  3. Reading
  4. Kamakura. Japan

Four Books I Would Recommend:
  1. The Radiant Way, Margaret Drabble
  2. Any Human Heart, William Boyd
  3. Solar, Ian McEwan
  4. E.M. Forster, Howards End

Four Places I Have Been:
  1. Ulan Bator, Mongolia 
  2. Pafos. Cyprus
  3. Ulcinj, Montenegro
  4. Saulkrasti, Latvia
Four of My Favorite Foods:
  1. rare steak and broccoli
  2. French onion soup
  3. sharp Cheddar cheese
  4. tuna sushi
Four of My Favorite Drinks:
  1. proper tea with milk
  2. apple juice just before it ferments
  3. coffee in Italy
  4. Champagne 
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
  1. Pafos, Cyprus
  2. Montenegro
  3. Saulkrasti, Latvia
  4. Soho, London

Four Things That Are Very Special in My Life:
  1.  My daughter and son
  2. My granddaughter
  3. significant other
  4. my notebooks

Four Bloggers I Hope Will Do This Meme: no-one unless they want to, this was for me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Radiant Way -- Liz Headleand -- haven't thought about it or her for many years. Brilliant, wonderful book and streets above the sequel(s).

As I recall, LH and husband are having a dinner party after the Thatcher 1979 victory - and then hubby decides to up sticks. Familiar, that........

Augustus Carp said...

Visiting the Great Buddha at Kamakura is one of my abiding childhood memories.