Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy 2011

Well, what a silly old Hector I have been.  I left  home on 27th December for Cyprus by way of Basel and Gatwick, where a night was to be spent, and indeed was spent, in the Pod hotel known to the uninitiated as the Yotel Gatwick. which is my home from home on many occasions.  That however may well have been where I left my iPad charger and three-pin adapter.  Whether it was or not, by the time we got to Budapest (delays, I'll spare you the TRAVEL CHAOS AND MISERY bollocks) I hadn't got it, so rapid and I hope temporary death of iPad and extremely limited opportunities for online activity without it.  All I can say is that it has been character building to have to go without.  Sig other has a netbook, which in fact I bought him for Christmas 2008 and which he let me use from time to time during our lovely few days in (mostly) sunny Cyprus, an island I love very much and which is MINE, but I do not like it (the netbook).  Screen too small, and how am I supposed to manage without all that lovely finger activity (hem hem).    So, anyway, thank you to all the bloggers who have given me fun and pleasure in 2010, most of you know who you are, but if not then I am sorry I did not tell you, you were always on my mind, really you were.

So, have a wonderful 2011, wouldn't it be nice if the media, especially the Guardianista wing of it, did not flip a stupid button in otherwise sensible people's brains.  I will leave you with this.  Elections, democracy, all of that jivin' around (prize for the song reference there) apparently BAD.  Yes, really.  So let's put a stop to them.  Yes, NOW.  Before The People start getting Ideas.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHat are the joys of Cyprus - apart from very good food and excellent cats?

Anonymous said...

And why a Hector?

janestheone said...

Sunshine, friendly people, proper tea, three-pin plugs, English spoken, oranges and lemons on trees, more history than you can shake a stick at, flowers everywhere, food as you say vg and cats excellent, the lovely Troodos mountains, the stone villages, almonds, walnuts, pecans, honey, old men who dance gracefully, sunlight on stone walls and glossy green orange leaves in January, beng nearer to Damascus than to Paris and in the EU and the euro, driving on the left - did you know it has a communist president?

janestheone said...

Hector's House. On TV. Yonks ago.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen an old man dance gracefully anywhere.
Must have been concentrating on the cats.

Larnaka ( spelling ?) is v nice.

dreamingspire said...

Strasbourg, Basel, Gatwick, Budapest, Cyprus? Were you trying to shake off a tail or has Europe been re-arranged while we Brits slept? Have we floated off into the middle of the Atlantic?

janestheone said...

don't ask, seemed like a good idea at the time, next trip to Cyprus will be Nurnberg-Paphos, a route I have just discovered
Larnaka should be spelled like this, in colonial times the Brits did not like k's

Kitchen cabinets said...

Cyprus is indeed a joyous one.Terrific cats,mew!!!! LOL...

Anonymous said...

I actually photographed a lot of the cats when I visited in 2006.