Tuesday 18 May 2010

our air is not for sale

remember that?  Anyway, the planned strike by BA staff will not now go ahead following a High Court ruling.  I think this decision is a disgrace.  It was made on the basis of an administrative technicality of a very minor nature, and has nothing to do with the merits of the case.  And the strike is not, as it has been portrayed, about changes to BA, which all concerned agree are necessary for the loss-making airline, but against victimisation of those who took part in the earlier strike.  Which is right. 

So who benefits?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I voted in the General Election on 6 May, but I wasn't at the count. No-one has informed me of the result (apart from the Press, BBC, Internet etc.) No-one has told me about the number of spoilt ballot papers.

So, can I follow BA's example and go to Court and ask for a new election?